105 Sycamore Place
Decatur, GA 30030
As a hummus aficionado, Apres & Carpe Diem fall in the top 5 best Hummus’s (or is that Hummi?) in Atlanta restaurants. You can make a meal out of the Dried Fruit Salad (Apres) and the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. I always order extra homemade honey-apple vinaigrette – it’s super yums. The Fattoush salad and Greek are winners too. Since I have wheat intolerance issues (Alcat results) I request veggies instead of the pita bread. One time the chef prepared a lovely, colorful arrangement of sliced cucumber and tomato, haricot verts (French green beans), celery and carrots. If I had been at home, I would have licked the hummus bowl clean. Dinner guests have enjoyed the Salmon Ciabatta, Grilled Turkey Burger and Roasted Portobello sandwich. Affordable restaurant if you are on a budget.
World Peace Café located in Sandy Springs on Hammond Drive across from Whole Foods has the best kale, mushroom, & carrot soup. Order the Peace Burger or Tempeh Reuben (vegan cheese option). I have dined here with a variety of guests and never had a bad meal. Very peaceful space serving food made with positive vibes!
Season’s 52 has an entire menu of healthy entrée’s, soups, salads, etc. You can enjoy a mini dessert without any guilt! Locations in Buckhead & Sandy Springs.
R Thomas Grille has a huge array of healthy appetizers, smoothies, salads, entrees, quinoa & veggie bowls, everything. My personal favorite is the $8 smoothie. Best ever! They have a Wild Ahi Tuna Salad with a delicious (and healthy) lemon agave hempseed dressing. The Thai Express Bowl is great (with tempeh or chicken). Clients also love the Organic Salmon Picatta (ask if the wild salmon is in stock) and the Sunrise Surprise Egg breakfast anytime. It is on the healthy side with greens instead of toast and keeps hunger at bay. Another client favorite is the Spicy Fish Taco’s and their appetizer menu is crazy healthy. Try the Raw Chocolate Truffles as a treat when you need something chocolate-y and guilt-free.
The most heavenly veggie lasagna in Atlanta. Even carnivores enjoyed this! The menu is loaded with guilt-free options…and they use organic products when possible.
INSANE vegan desserts, you don’t miss the dairy. Winners include the Old Fashion Chocolate cake & Chocolate Raspberry Mousse OR Peanut Butter Mousse Cake. Split dessert with your dining companion for half the guilt.
Inspired by Dr. Oz.
- 2 cups cauliflower, grated or “riced”
- 1/2 cup shredded goat milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 sweet white or red onion
- 1 red pepper, cored and chopped
- 2-3 leaves of kale, cored and chopped*
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced*
- 2-3 of Nutiva Coconut Manna
- Stream the cauliflower, let it cool and then grate it or add to the food processor with the “S” blade. Pulse lightly until consistency of rice.
- Combine grated cauliflower with the mozzarella and egg in a large bowl and stir. Coat a circular or rectangular metal pan with olive oil before spreading the dough evenly.
- Sprinkle the dough with oregano, parsley, rosemary and basil.
- Bake at 450 F for 12-15 minutes until crust is slightly cooked.
- While the dough is baking, stir fry onion, red pepper, kale and garlic in 2-3 tsp of Coconut Manna on medium heat for 3-5 minutes until onions are almost translucent.
- Remove the dough from the oven and sprinkle stir fry mix as well as the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return the pizza to the oven. Turn the heat up to broil and leave in until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy.
* can substitute 1-2 cups of baby spinach for kale and shallot for garlic